What is Java/J2EE?
Java is a programming language and computing platform first released by Sun Microsystems in 1995. There are lots of applications and websites that will not work unless you have Java installed, and more are created every day. Java is fast, secure, and reliable. From laptops to datacenters, game consoles to scientific supercomputers, cell phones to the Internet, Java is everywhere!
J2EE is a platform-independent, Java-centric environment from Sun for developing, building and deploying Web-based enterprise applications online. The J2EE platform consists of a set of services, APIs, and protocols that provide the functionality for developing multitier, Web-based applications.
Some of the key features and services of J2EE:
• At the client tier, J2EE supports pure HTML, as well as Java applets or applications. It relies on Java Server Pages and servlet code to create HTML or other formatted data for the client.
• Enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs) provide another layer where the platform’s logic is stored. An EJB server provides functions such as threading, concurrency, security and memory management. These services are transparent to the author.
• Java Database Connectivity (JDBC), which is the Java equivalent to ODBC, is the standard interface for Java databases.
• The Java servlet API enhances consistency for developers without requiring a graphical user interface.
What are the benefits of Java/J2EE that are used by GeeksPerHour.com freelancers?
Sun identifies “Write once, run anywhere” as the core value proposition of the Java platform. Translated from business jargon, this means that the most important promise of Java technology is that you only have to write your application once–for the Java platform–and then you’ll be able to run it anywhere.
• Write Once, Run Anywhere – you only have to write your application once–for the Java platform–and then you’ll be able to run it anywhere.
• Security – The Java 2 Platform takes the security model a step further. It makes security levels and restrictions highly configurable and extends them.
• Internationalization – Java uses 16-bit Unicode characters that represent the phonetic alphabets and ideographic character sets of the entire world. Java’s internationalization features are not restricted to just low-level character representation, however the features permeate the Java platform, making it easier to write internationalized programs with Java than it is with any other environment.
• Performance – In fact, the winning combination of performance plus portability is a unique feature no other language can offer.
Why Hire Java Developers from GeeksPerHour.com?
1. Provide Scalable and Flexible solutions
2. Develop Fully Mobile-Responsive Website
3. Use Coding Guidelines and Standards
4. Well aware and experience on design patterns
5. Provide Good support for your requirements and queries
6. Provide error-free implementation of requirements
7. Deliver better readability and understanding of the source code