WordPress is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. Features include a plugin architecture and a template system. WordPress was used by more than 23.3% of the top 10 million websites as of January 2015. WordPress is the most popular blogging system in use on the Web, at more than 60 million websites.
Year after year people make the same mistake in development using PHP and thus to build reliable and secure php development there are many things to be kept in mind. These mistakes can be avoided by practice and use.
Few points which should be kept in mind while developing a wordpress site are:
1. Use Simple, Clean SEO-Friendly Code: Whether you are developing new webpages or optimizing existing ones, it’s critical to have clean, SEO-friendly code. By taking the time to improve your site’s code, you can increase the overall return on investment. SEO-friendly code acts as a guide for search engine spiders by providing a clear picture of your site’s content.
2. Choosing a Domain and Host: Great domain names say so much while saying so little. In addition to being memorable, a domain name needs to accurately reflect your brand’s voice and be nearly impossible to misspell.
3. Backend Services (CMS “Content Management System” / Software): It’s impossible to develop a great website without a functional program taking care of the backend. This equates to the part of your site a user experiences directly. Without strong backend services, your website won’t be able to “wow” your guests.
4. Navigation: If a website is confusing and difficult to navigate, your customers may leave and never return. To increase the efficiency and appeal of your site’s navigation, conduct an in-depth site review as if you are a new visitor. One way to improve a visitor’s ability to navigate your site easily and help search engines crawl your site is to add a site map.
5. Short Loading Times: When looking for information online, nothing aggravates visitors more than slow loading times. Customers can be turned away completely due to this issue. Testing your website ahead of time will help you pinpoint any loading time issues, and these can be fixed before your site’s official release.
6. Compatibility with Multiple Browsers: As technology progresses, the number of internet browsers is steadily growing. From Internet Explorer and Chrome to Firefox and Safari, it can be frustrating to keep up with them all. When creating a website, it’s vital to ensure that your website is reachable from multiple browsers. Specifically, your site should load properly on all major browsers – including older versions.
7. Mobile Sites vs. Responsive Sites: For a large company with an existing web presence, it makes sense to develop a separate, mobile-friendly website designed to perform well on any device. On the other hand, a business planning the launch of a website would be better served by choosing a responsive design capable of adapting to any device.
8. Effective Security: With the evolution of technology, newer and more advanced security risks threaten to compromise your website’s integrity. From malware and viruses to malicious apps and the threat of hackers, websites must prevent security breaches on both the front ends and back ends. To reduce the potential for browser-based threats, businesses must add SSL certificates to their websites.
9. Call to Action: Placing calls to action on your website encourages customers to contact your business. A friendly suggestion, such as “Contact us today!” demonstrates that your business wants to develop a relationship with its customers. It’s important that calls to action are appropriate for a visitor’s level of engagement with your company.
10. Customer Testimonials: Customer testimonials can be used to promote your business. By featuring customer testimonials on your site, you demonstrate your company’s skills, products, and commitment to customers. If you already have a loyal customer base, reach out to a few and solicit online reviews.
GeeksPerHour.com is a unique IT outsourcing platform designed for small businesses, web development companies looking for reliable freelancer to work on IT project. Over short period of 4 years, GeeksPerHour.com has now emerged as world renowned and most preferred global IT outsourcing platform.